Tomorrow (July 25th) is National Dance Day!
Who doesn't love to dance? Whether it's in your room alone, at a party, or on stage for a performance, everyone loves to dance. Even if your moves aren't the greatest, it will almost always make you feel happy!
National Dance Day started back in 2010 by "So You Think You Can Dance," co-creator and Dizzy Feet Foundation co-president Nigel Lythgoe.
Not only does dancing make you feel happy, it also has some great benefits:
- strengthen bones and muscles without hurting your joints
- tone your entire body
- improve your posture and balance, which can prevent falls
- increase your stamina and flexibility
- reduce stress and tension
- build confidence
- provide opportunities to meet people, and
- ward off illnesses like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoporosis, and depression
So put your shoes on and dance!!